Educreations explaining Social Darwinism:
Video Explaining Social Darwinism
The British Raj of India
The British Raj refers to the British rule of India from 1858 to 1947. Which was put in place after the Sepoy Rebellion. India became a colony under Britain and was completely subject to their rule.
- British officials controlled domestic and foreign policies
- Many Indians became subject to famine and plague but were not protected by the British rule.
- Most of the bureaucracy was made of British men
- The representative of British rule was (like in Spanish colonies) was a viceroy.
- Interestingly, the leaders of this movement were elites educated by the British. These elites were able to learn Enlightenment ideals that helped spur them to revolution.